The first phase of J & K assembley elections saw around 55 percent turn out. With large number of people coming out to vote on Monday in the first phase of the seven-stage voting in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, more than 55 percent electorate exercised their franchise. Deputy election commissioner of India R. Bhattacharya said that over all voting percentage in the state was recorded more than 55.
The first phase of J&K was largely peaceful barring minor skirmishes. 74 per cent of voters voted in Gurez, 44 percent in Bandipora, 42 percent in Sonawari, where separatist forces had asked the people to stay away from voting.
- People of Jammu and Kashmir vote for change
- Two killed, 10 injured in Kashmir Election related violence
- US and Indian officials discuss Mumbai terror attacks
- Azad for tough stand against terrorism
- Shashank Pulluru
- AP State Housing Corporation
- SETC Online Booking
- Mahmoud Abbas elected as president of future Palestinian state by PLO
- Students flow from US to India up by 24%